How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 18541
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a closed head injury! 2004 I fell hitting the back

Customer Question

I have a closed head injury! 2004 I fell hitting the back and top of my head!!
I lost speach and stuttered and would lose the ability to walk!
I'm better from that but recently I've had a lot of HA s that results in me stuttering! I stay very nauseaed a lot and my neck by X-ray shows I've lost a lot of disc spacing and sent me to a rehab center !! She ck my balance which is not good I do fall a lot but she laid me down and turned my head to the side she said to ck the arteries I got very nauseaed she turn it back then the other side the same thing happened! She said she would slightly pull on my neck to see if it would go away! When I sat up I was stuttering so bad and went to walk and could not walk without help I was everywhere!!! She wanted to call the parametric but I had her call my friend and took me to the chiropractor I've been seeing ! He can adjust and work with my neck and head and get me do I can talk but the Migaine type HAs last for about 18 hrs with the nausea!!! I don't try to do anything or really push to talk!!
They insist that I need to see a neurologist because they are so freq what is your opinion!?? Who or what type of neurologist should I see??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

How often are you having the headaches?

What medicines are you taking for the headaches?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

For most people with migraine headaches that need to see a Neurologist, seeing a general Neurologist is usually sufficient, and this is easier to find in most cities. For people with more severe, frequent headaches, and particularly if this severity continues despite having been tried on the common medicines for migraines, it would be appropriate to see a Neurologist that specializes in headaches. These sub-specialists are usually only found in larger cities or at medical schools, so may require significant travel. While these Headache specialist Neurologists are excellent resources, it is usually only practical to see such specialists when the headaches are more severe and recalcitrant to common treatments.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Related Neurology Questions