How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask vakularen Your Own Question
vakularen, Other
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 4047
Experience:  practising medicine since last 35 years.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
vakularen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've got t in my face pretty bad got a broken nose. I

Customer Question

I've got hit in my face pretty bad got a broken nose. I believe it's caused my face & left side of body to loose muscle, it's been a couple years it happened & my nose is still broke. The left side of my body & face is droopy.. I workout on a daily, nothing seems to help. I want to know will it ever get normal again? & I've sort of lost sensation in my left hand as well
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  vakularen replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Were you investigated by Scans (CT/MRI of the brain) at the time of injury?was there any damage to the brain tissues at that time and what did the doctor say at that time regarding your injury?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been to hospitals, I had a MRI & results everything looked fine I was told. It doesn't feel right to me though, I know something is wrong.. Ive been a perfectionist all my life.. I was asked can I feel certain spots on my face & ect. I said yes because I thought being numb or losing feeling is when you can't feel nothing, but now I know the difference.. I most defenitly am losing feeling, & lost muscle..
Expert:  vakularen replied 1 year ago.

It would be prudent to consult your PCP and get a complete physical examination including a neurological examination,this would help identify any loss of sensation/motor muscle power/hemiparesis or loss of sensation.You can also request a neurological consultation with a Neurologist who would identify any specific cause of your symptoms.Ocassionally Other tests like MRI/CT scan imaging and Nerve ConductionVelocity testing may be required.