Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have a snapping noise in my right ear. When I press on the

Customer Question

I have a snapping noise in my right ear. When I press on the ear to close the ear canal it will stop for a while.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

This is most likely one of two things: inflammation of the small muscles which connect to the eardrum They are impacted with cerumen or wax. How long have you been using debrox? You most likely need a deep cleaning with a cuvet done by your ENT or GP. Or a collapsed Eustachian tube which starts at your sinus cavity in the nose and forms the middle ear canal. With that the snap sound would stop if you pushed just in front of your ear (?). Since it is winter, dry indoor conditions are the problem. Go buy some saline nasal spray at the pharmacy and use that. Increase the humidity in your home. I hope that helps. Please get back to me if you have questions or if satisfied please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for my work. Thanks. Dr Frank