Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Dr., It has been more than 4 months since I had the epidural

Customer Question

Dr. Frank,
It has been more than 4 months since I had the epidural injection with platelet rich plasma and a am still dealing with the pain in my right arm and hand. Last week I had 4 treatments with hyperbaric oxygen. I consulted a natural medicine doctor and she said that this treatment could help arachnoiditis. I had the treatment on Monday Tuesday Friday and Saturday. While I was in the chamber I took very deep breaths and held in the oxygen before I exhaled. Starting on Saturday I began feeling a burning sensation in my throat, air passages and lungs. It is worse when I take deep breaths. Today is 3 days later and I am still feeling a burning feeling in my throat, air passages and lungs. Could this show damage to my air passages and lungs? Can I recover? Is the damage permanent?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Your symptom doesn't seem to be the side effect of hyperbaric oxygen. It could be viral infection. If so, you would be able to recover. You should take over-the-counter pain medication. If it doesn't help, you should see your doctor to have an exam and imagining studies such as chest x-ray.