How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic joint pain on my right thumb.

Customer Question

I have chronic joint pain on my right thumb.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Which joint is effected , the large joint at the base of the thumb (the MCP joint) or the joint in the middle of the thumb where you can flex it? (the PIP joint)? No other joints? Are you familiar with Gameskeeper thumb or skier's thumb? Please get back to me with more information and I will explain the problem to you. Have you had any evaluation? An xray? Dr Frank