Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I have had the same bruises for 5 years in my legs and

Customer Question

I have had the same bruises for 5 years in my legs and longer than that on my shin. My doctor said the bruises on my leg where because of wearing tight socks. My orthopedic surgeon said the bruise on my shin after surgery was just what happens sometimes. Do you have an advice on causes or the possibility of making the bruises go away?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced General Physician attending you today.

What surgery have you undergone? Were you wearing tight socks before? Is your skin dry? what did you apply for bruises? hypertensive? diabetic? on what medications are you?

Hi, Vitamin C supplements and taking collagen supplements can have a definite positive effect in the healing of bruises.

I’m glad I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com