Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I recently got an emg done because of my muscle twitches and

Customer Question

I recently got an emg done because of my muscle twitches and cramping. The emg came back negative but Is there a chance the emg was done too early? Since I've gotten the emg the tightness in my legs has increased and the twitching persists. Should I get another appointment with a neurologists or is this just BFS?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

The EMG is persistently normal in BFS early or late, however, the protocol would suggest that the EMG be repeated after 6 weeks to see if any other condition has manifest itself during that time period. Till then this should be treated as BFS.

Having said that, BFS is a broad term and blankets a lot of undiagnosed conditions. I would suggest that you keep a close follow up with your Neurologist and if the twitching and tightness has increased, it will be best to seek an appointment with the Neurologist.

Hope this helps.
I only get paid for my work on the website if you rate my answers by clicking on the star system on the top of the screen, we can continue the conversation even after the rating.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.