How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5415
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I find the right doctor in London Ontario to touk to

Customer Question

How do I find the right doctor in London Ontario to touk to about being a intersex because I think I was fits wrong at Birth that pot me ass a boy but I am more naterly a girl I am 28 year of ag I was trying to go through Camh but the hormone therapy program doesn't work for me so I do not think I can do it that way I naterly perdos female hormones my email is***@******.*** my legal name is***** vlietstra I go by Kristina
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kristina, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

You have mentioned yourself as an intersexual. I hope you are familiar with the various terminologies like intersexual, transgender, transsexual, or hermaphrodite etc, and it sounds like you may be already familiar with these different terms or conditions and you seems to have been already identified yourself as an inter-sexual.

So I see you are an intersexual but your gender identify is of a female because internally you feel you are truly a female. And you also feel that you are producing female hormones naturally so this means giving more female hormones may not be of much help to you. So what you need now is couple of things; one is you need to try to get some good counsellor or therapists who work with intersexual individuals, they are generally called as transgender therapists or sex therapists but they work with almost all kinds of sexual related issues which include gender identity issues, intersexual issues etc. What I will do is to provide you with a list of some therapists who work in and around your area and you may try to contact one of them (if you have not done this already) and discuss your gender identity issues with them. In addition to the counselling if they also feel - and if you also agree with them - then you guys can also discuss the possibilities of certain surgical procedures that can help you further in establishing yourself as a female. Since I have not clinically examined you I am not in a position to exactly know your situation, I am only trying to provide you with some recommendations in this regard. So seeing therapists, and later if necessary seeing some surgeons specialized in intersexual surgeries (sex reassignment surgeries) is the standard approach in these circumstances. And the therapists will be familiar with such specialized surgeons in and around your area.

The following are the web links for the therapists;

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor