How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

QUESTION} I am experiencing pain in my lower back just above

Customer Question

I am experiencing pain in my lower back just above my hip on my right side only. The pain is a dull ache until I move then it becomes a sharper aching pain. I cant get comfortable and if I lay on my right side the pain gets worse. The pain subsides if I bend toward the floor and keep my back like a seven shape. what could this be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns.

1) Have you ever had this type of symptom before, or is this the first time?

2) Approximately for how long are you having this symptom?

3) Have you already seen any doctor & have you already had any investigations done?

4) Any other symptoms like muscle weakness (paralysis), numbness, tingling (pins & needle feeling) etc, or any other new or unusual symptoms?

5) What treatments have you already tried other than Ibuprofen?

6) Any history of traumas, fall or injuries?

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor