Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My name is ***** *****. I have a swollen lymph gland on the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a swollen lymph gland on the back side of my head just below my scull. I need to find a neurologist to determine what it is. My right hand shakes and my headaches are getting more frequent with the tenderness going up the right side of my head above the swollen lump. Now the left side is starting the same symptoms and shaking in my left hand as well. My energy level is decreasing and I'm concerned for my health. Can you give me any information as to what I can do about this. I've seen a doctor and she sent me to a surgeon. He wouldn't do anything and he says I need to see a neurologist.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My right eye is at times blury and I have pressure in my neck and now in my shoulders.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Neurology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA. The lymphnode is probably not directly related to the tremor however patients with Parkinson's disease have a high incidence of skin disease. The most common is seborrheic dermatitis which gives you patchy dry flaky skin with lymph node enlargement sometimes. Do you have a family history of neurodegenerative disease like Parkinson's or ALzheimers? Get back to me to discuss and I will reply or rate my service if satisfied with this answer. Just click on the rating stars Thanks. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No dry patches anywhere. I do have diabetes though. No family history of either Parkinsons or Alzheimers that I know of. My scalp hurts when scratched. No scaly patches there either.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I cannot diagnose from here, only send information. Tremor can be central as in Parkinson's or peripheral as in Diabetes where neuropathy is a cause. With diabetic neuropathy you should have sensory symptoms as tingling and numbness? Your ability to walk a straight line is impaired? Get back to me if that fits. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I hope I was able to get you the information you need. Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for my work. Thanks dr Frank