How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband had a injury to s C4,5,6,7. He came out of

Customer Question

My husband had a injury to his C4,5,6,7. He came out of surgery paralyzed from his neck down. With therapy he got back 25%. This was in March 2006. This is a worker comp injury and happened in Louisiana. We moved back to our home state of Alabama. Before we left they installed a Bacalofen pump.
Now here is the question. The neurologist we see (for 10 years or longer) does not seem to want to keep up with needs or re-evalate him for in increasingly losing more mobility. He has a great increase of muscle spasms, can't sleep for it. He spasms an jerks 24/7. This is w/comp and I want a neurologists, who specialist in nerves damage of the neck with paralysis. Can you help find one in the Southeast or anywhere. He needs new testing done.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. I am trying to find information online about w/c providers in neurology in the southeast (Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana) and not finding a lot posted. How can I help? You need to contact your w/c board in your area to request a provider list. From there, you need to find one that deals in spasticity using BOTOX and/or intrathecal Baclofen pumps. I can tell you from here that the most "cutting edge" treatment for myelopathy (spinal cord injury) is still Baclofen pumps, and using aggressive PT but I know you have been there for years, and I am not adding much. What type of testing do you think he needs? With his bowel/bladder? Does he need BOTOX for bladder issues or if he is paraparetic (any movements in the legs?) does he get BOTOX in his lower legs? How can I help? Please get back to me to discuss, I will continue to hunt around from here for a neurologist as you requested and reply if I find anything. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

cannot get the w/c provider list for those states. here is a online search engine for Montgomery Alabama. Please get back to me if I can help. Ask questions and I will respond, or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****