Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I, according to my opthamologist, have demonstrated several

Customer Question

I, according to my opthamologist, have demonstrated several of the same symptoms as someone with Myastheena Gravis.
I am a breast cancer survivor. Chemo with Adriamycin (sp?) aka Red Death. I had several, I mean several, surgeries for infections with regard to the tissue expanders/implants. I and the surgeon received a letter from the CDC in GA regarding the infections. Until, the lab could identify the organisms causing the infections so the proper antibiotic could be applied/ I was treated usually for the first 3 days the doctor followed MRSA protocol (antibiotics). I had 12 surgeries in 9 months. The infections always occurred 3 days after I would have saline injected into my implants. In addition, I was a participant in a clinical trial wherein I ingested 1400 mgs of a bisphosphonate for a little over 2 years. I was diagnosed with clinical major depression (moderate to severe, presently severe), PTSD, Anxiety disorder and had panic attacks which appear to be under control. I take Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Ritalin and Oxycodone/Oxcontin for arthralgia and myalgia that medical professionals believe is a result of the chemo and/or clinical trial with the depression exacerbating the pain.
I apologize for such a lengthy e-mail, but I thought my medical history may, or may not, help you consider if there may be something else besides Myastheenia Gravis. The symptoms that the opthamalogist is aware of: double vision, drooping eye, weakness, extreme fatigue (I slept 32 hours once) usually I can sleep after taking one, then two 20 mg. Ritalin. I know I will need to see a neurologist. I guess I am hoping for more benign possibilities. I just started to feel hopeful until I saw the opthamalogist. Now I just feel what I usually feel, despair, hopeless, purposelessness, fear, sense of foreboding, etc. Regardless, I have always wanted to know the truth, whether I like what I am hearing or not. Knowing empowers me.
Thank you,
Murphy of Murphy's Law-my nickname I got from all of the medical professionals! LOL
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and respond shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and reply if you have questions, we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI Murphy. So your ophthy guy thinks you have ocular myasthenia? Did he order the blood work to look at that possibility, you check Anti-acetylcholine receptor antibodies. There are three of them. They may be elevated in ocular myasthenia. But especially if you have been having weakness in your shoulders or thigh muscles (proximal extremity muscles), with your history of being a breast cancer survivor, you have to consider Lambert Eaton Syndrome (LES). This is a "myasthenic like syndrome" which is related to making antibodies with interfere with muscle contraction at the neuromuscular junction. It usually does not involve just the eye muscles, however. I do not want to make you overly anxious, especially during this holiday period, it is only a supposition. Another consideration is if you could have thyoid disease (autoimmune thyroiditis) which is effecting your energy level (making you sleep) and giving you these eye problems of double vision, and drooping eyelids. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, I can send you information on LES or whatever you desire. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks. *****

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

https://www.google.com/search?q=saphenous+nerve+distribution&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&imgil=n3fYUzN7Y1kWBM%253A%253B-YkRyS6NpFdjmM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.nysora.com%25252Ftechniques%25252Fnerve-stimulator-and-surface-based-ra-techniques%25252Flower-extremitya%25252F3267-femoral-nerve-block.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=n3fYUzN7Y1kWBM%253A%252C-YkRyS6NpFdjmM%252C_&dpr=1&usg=__Rb_iJ-M6AVyANe0iyJBtMLSTahw%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjnuMfJy_jJAhWDGx4KHdDLDjUQyjcIKQ&ei=VQp-Vqe6KYO3eNCXu6gD#imgrc=n3fYUzN7Y1kWBM%3A&usg=__Rb_iJ-M6AVyANe0iyJBtMLSTahw%3D

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you can successfully paste that into a browser window, you should see an image of the front of a right leg. the light blue is the saphenous nerve distribution, is that the area? Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Murphy, that last posting about the saphenous nerve somehow was entered into your chat line. Please ignore it. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you, Dr. Frank do not want to have a dialogue over the phone, please let me know asap. If my e-mails are reviewed by a moderator (for lack of a better term), please forward my background history sent to Dr. Frank to another neurologist that you suspect or are confident he//she will carry a dialogue with me on the phone. (###) ###-#### Unfortunately, I am looking for in depth information. Not the responses that I received from Dr. Frank that I already searched and read on the internet several hours before sending money that may not render me from some of the employees that I have know idea if they do research, teach, have a doctorate degree, how long practicing medicine, specialty, etc. The neurologist, Dr. Frank,
regurgitated what I already knew read on the internet. What sources did Dr. Frank use to give me his info., although he did not really respond to some question superficially, while other queries I posed to him were redundant or just non-responsive.As you can tell, I am direct and to the point, and expect the same from others. Please do not judge me and think that my directness and my honesty are in anyway meant to be hostile. I am also responsible for the "dissertation" I sent you as opposed to a brief e-mail. I am sorry. I provide more info. than you probably needed, but since I am not a neurologist, I do not know what is pertinent and what is not with regard to my medical history. Like an idiot I would go to Lenscrafters and see an optometrist. I have complained of the double vision and droopy eye for more than 2 years. I would even see the optometrist 4 times in less than one 12 months. I was told that the power of my glasses were strong and he ignored my question of my perception ptosis regarding my eyelids-my eyelid on my right side is worse and has worsen. Will someone please call asap. Please call me at(###) ###-####-first, then after you try the first no. and there is no answer, would you please call me on my cell no.(###) ###-#### I ask you to call me in this order because if I am home, my cell no. and connection are terrible.. Thank you. Murphy
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. I can discuss this with you in more depth over the phone, but you cannot just post your phone number per JA rules. I will put out the phone option box. There are additional expenses, you put your number into the box, and leave me a time to call, and I can call you. If you want information on the immunology of LES, your response to tensilon? etc, let me know and I can prepare some technical information for you in advance. I was previously notified that you had requested a phone call, but my attempt to make the connection was halted, because the computer told me that your payment was not accepted. So if you wish to talk on the phone, resubmit your card information. I will try the 845 number first. Dr Frank