Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Fell down the stairs. Landed on buttock and tail bone. Now

Customer Question

Fell down the stairs. Landed on buttock and tail bone. Now there's a big lumpy swelling on buttock cheek. What have I done
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. You have a hematoma over your ischial turbercle, the bone that is the deep part of your buttocks cheek. the hematoma is within the gluteus magnus muscle and you need to get on your stomach and put a large ice bag on that area as best you can. I see you are probably already doing that. I would suggest you not take aspirin as that can make the bleeding worse. Are you on any blood thinners currently? do you have pain going down your posterior thigh to your foot? Can you move your hip out from your body without significant pain? You may have fractured or posterior displaced your hip in the fall. I cannot tell from here, but let me know what you are capable of doing? can you walk? Dr Frank