Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

MRI, I was in a MVA 10/6 rear ended received my MRI results

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** MRI
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was in a MVA 10/6 rear ended received my MRI results L4-L5 no disc protrusion, mid right side faucet arthropathy. L5-S1 disc desiccation with mild loss of disc height. Shallow central disc protrusion without significant canal stenosis. Mild bilateral facet srhropathy. no significant neural foraminal narrowing. I have had pain in my lower back radiating through butt down leg for the most part to my knee sometimes beyond
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Neurology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having back pain after an MVA. And I see the report from the MRI.

However, it is not clear what question you are asking.

Could you clarify what information would be helpful?

I had asked for some clarification of what information would be helpful and have not heard back.

The changes seen on the MRI are signs of chronic degenerative changes in the spine. The trauma from an MVA can exacerbate the chronic changes in the spine, but there are no specific traumatic changes seen on this MRI.

There is no site of nerve compression or pressure identified on the MRI, so no clear location that would explain the pain radiating down the leg. It certainly is possible to have pressure on a nerve from soft tissue or muscle spasm that would not be apparent on the MRI.

If there is other information that would be helpful, please let me know.