How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 64315
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic back pain- thoracic region. I have Fibro and

Customer Question

Hi, I have chronic back pain- thoracic region. I have Fibro and stage 4 arthritis in both knees. Is there a family doctor in Hot Springs, Arkansas that will prescribe opioids for chronic pain. I can't take the Lyrica because of an allergic reaction to it. I need some help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.


You need a pain management specialist.

Do you have one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I dont.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.


There is no way for a family doctor to legally say, "I will prescribe pain meds."

Many now simply will not.

The pain management doctor is a specialist with extra training who will typically do this.

Here is a reliable list for hot springs.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.