How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a 4' fall on my head and had 2 bruises on the brain,

Customer Question

I had a 4' fall on my head and had 2 bruises on the brain, then I had a car accident and got 3 more 3 bruises on the brain with 2 strokes. I have short term memory loss and repeat myself alot. I cannot use my left arm and go to physical therapy 1 time a week. I want to know how to make my brain work better. What can I do? Do I have to see another neurugust? I am on zoloft for depression. I taught myself to walk agin with excerises every day and use a cane for support. I used to type 65 to 85 mins per hour. Now I use one finger on my right hand. PKEASE SUGGEST WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT TO HELP MYSELF. GOD BLESS YOU.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and respond. Please read that preliminary answer and reply, we can discuss your situation until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. You need to see a behavioral neurologist at a regional center for TBI (traumatic brain injury). I would assume you have, but let me know if I can help find you one. There are a variety of training programs available for your type of problem, they are labelled under the term of CBT (computer based therapy) but it entails a detailed cognitive assessment by a neuropsychologist that will probe the specific types of memory, language, dexterity/coordination and apractic problems you have currently, then design a program to "retrain" you on those specific deficits. In addition, there are medications like Nuvigil or selegiline that can be helpful not only in treating depression but improve motor control depending on the problems you have. So a Behavioral Neurologist is suggested from here. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or remember to rate my service if satisfied as that is how I am compensated for my work thanks *****

Related Neurology Questions