Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Ambient Heath care has supplied my gaunex forIVIG infusions

Customer Question

Ambient Heath care has supplied my gaunex forIVIG infusions for three years and now Medicare is saying I have to go to a clinic instead of having my infusion at home by a nursing service
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The Medicare rules state that the only people that are eligible for home infusion are people that are home bound, according to the Medicare definition of home bound. If you are not home bound, then it would be expected that you would receive infusion services at a clinic. If your doctor has deetermined that you qualify as being home bound, then you can use documentation from your doctor as grounds for appealing the decision.