How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 18452
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ambient Heath care has supplied my gaunex forIVIG infusions

Customer Question

Ambient Heath care has supplied my gaunex forIVIG infusions for three years and now Medicare is saying I have to go to a clinic instead of having my infusion at home by a nursing service
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The Medicare rules state that the only people that are eligible for home infusion are people that are home bound, according to the Medicare definition of home bound. If you are not home bound, then it would be expected that you would receive infusion services at a clinic. If your doctor has deetermined that you qualify as being home bound, then you can use documentation from your doctor as grounds for appealing the decision.