How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over the past 14 years I have suffering chronic back pain

Customer Question

over the past 14 years I have suffering chronic back pain following a car accident. I had four back surgeries which fused my back from L2-S1 but I still suffer from chronic pain. My neurologist diagnosed with primary peripheral neuropathy from unknown origin. Recently, I have been experiencing constant tingling, burning, numbness, pain and severe spasms in my lower back extending into my hips and running down both legs into my feet (back and front). Also this condition has left both of my feet numb and now I am having difficulty functioning, particularly walking. What do you suggest I do since know one else seems to know other than to break my back or put me on a morphine pump.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Can you please enumerate all the medications that you are on?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Can you please also mention your age and gender.

Please let me know.

Kind regards