How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diagnosed with brain tumor (meningioma), at present

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with brain tumor (meningioma), at present the lesion shows almost iso intensity to the brain parenchyma. No mass effect is seen. I was told no surgical intervention needed currently, but was recommended that I follow up with a yearly MRI. Would it be possible for you to give a second opinion.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Of course. Do you have the MRI report? I would need to know the location and size, if there was mass effect or edema based on the T2 weighted image. Another method here is for you to upload the MRI to a website ( then return and place your username, password ***** phone number in the option box which I will attach now. There is an additional fee by JA, but I can read the scan and then call you. If that is prohibitive, then you can paste in the entire MRI report leaving out the name of the patient as this is a public forum. (the info you put into the option box for my reading the MRI is confidential). OR if you just want me to discuss the origin and development of meningiomas, etc, then reply. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.

The only thing is that you are in Japan, and I don't know if I can call you easily from the US (I certainly can try) Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.