How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bone growth that is a knob right below my knee.

Customer Question

i have a bone growth that is a knob right below my knee. It's like a knot. i've had it on my right knee for years, and know it is happening to left. It makes it very painful to kneel
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. You have milkmaids knee. I will send you a webpage on it. There are treatments. You may have stress fractures of the tibial plateau and might benefit a visit to the orthopedist after xrays by your pcp. Get back to discuss or rate me if satisfied by clicking on the stars. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Here is a page on housemaids knee which is the more acute version. Milkmaids comes from chronic stress to the knee. Another possibility if you are very tall and athletic during adolescence is osgood schlatters disorder. Dr frank.