Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have a bone growth that is a knob right below my knee.

Customer Question
It's like a knot. i've...
i have a bone growth that is a knob right below my knee. It's like a knot. i've had it on my right knee for years, and know it is happening to left. It makes it very painful to kneel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
10/4/2015
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. You have milkmaids knee. I will send you a webpage on it. There are treatments. You may have stress fractures of the tibial plateau and might benefit a visit to the orthopedist after xrays by your pcp. Get back to discuss or rate me if satisfied by clicking on the stars. Dr Frank

Here is a page on housemaids knee which is the more acute version. Milkmaids comes from chronic stress to the knee. Another possibility if you are very tall and athletic during adolescence is osgood schlatters disorder. Dr frank.

To http://www.knee-pain-explained.com/housemaidsknee.html

Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician