Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Will 2 ,25mg Xanax daily for Essential Tremor cause

Customer Question

Will 2 ,25mg Xanax daily for Essential Tremor cause addiction?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.

Hello The easy answer is no. You will not get addiction from that dose of Xanax. My question to you is if it is working and with each dose, for how long.

You mentioned you took Primidone (Mysoline) have you tried any other medications like gabapentin? Please get back to me with questions or rate my service if satisfied by clicking on the stars on that page. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.

I will write more on this question, because you have not seen the answer. Are you sure about the ET diagnosis, that you didn't respond at all to primidone? There are many reasons for tremor can be from a variety of different sources, from nerve, nerve muscle connections, muscle, pinched nerves in the neck, problems in the spinal cord, and diseases like parkinsons and a multitude of others. So if you've seen a neurologist and had an good evaluation, good. Otherwise, let me know if I can help. Dr Frank