How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A year I have been losing my speech. Currently, I sound like

Customer Question

For over a year I have been losing my speech. Currently, I sound like someone who has had a stroke. A year ago, I had an MRI and a stoke was ruled out. Recently during a dental appointment, the dentist told me that my tongue is growing and has pushed all of my lower teeth out of place. I was seen by an ear, nose & throat specialist, and he said that he was sure the problem is neurological. Along with speech problems, I choke a lot, constantly drool from the left side of my mouth and have sleep apnea. I'm a 72 year old male. What is your recommendation for a course of action?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You need a neurologist to look if this is stroke relatef or something else like bulbar motor neuron disease

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You need an appointment. If you cant get one consider a speech and language pathologist that will check your articulation. Order a swallowing study and then get you the neurologist. I hope that helps. Please rate me bu clicking on the stars. Dr frank