Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Mri results mild encroachment into the central spinal canal

Customer Question

mri results mild encroachment into the central spinal canal at L4-5 secondary to facet hypertrophic changes and minimal posterior disc bulge with tiny posterior annular tear. lumbar spondylosis and degenerative disc changes what does this mean
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I am a us trained board certified neurologist and will answer your question.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The bot***** *****ne. If this is the only finding on your lumbar MRI it is minor at that. This is not something where surgery would be the first option. Given your stated age, these changes suggest mild arthritic change with some bone remodeling. Now, more important is the clincal evolution of your back pain. If you have a family history of spinal stenosis a d then this could be the beginning of something. But this scan suggests the treatment you outlined and NSAID medication which i assume you have.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Please get back to me with more specific questions if i can help. This is my initial response to your supplied information. There may be other important issues so if i can help please get back to me. If satisfied with this statement then rate my service as that is how I am compensated for my opinion. Dr frank.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you would like to discuss this topic further, please feel free to use the reply box and let me know. If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions,you can find me here : http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-neuromd2012/ ( Please book mark it) Thank you so much, Dr. Frank