dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

As a result of a bike accident, I fell on the back of my

Customer Question

As a result of a bike accident, I fell on the back of my head and was unconscious
For a second or more.Since then April 26, 2015 to present I have had severe balance problems ifI look up, down, or sideways. I cannot lie on my right . An ENT determined it is not inner ear.Testing showed no irregular eye movements. I was referred to a neurologist who performed no tests but said immediately it could be nothing else but inner ear I was referred to a physical therapist who have me tests for over an hour. The PT said it definitely was not innervous ear. I have had a CT scan and MRI, both normal. What do I do now?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ...

If you have clear MRI/ CT Scan then brain issue is less likely , as you have no issue with eye movement so Cerebellar injury is ruled out , balance problem while looking upward , and changing position is more of inner ear issue , so I will suggest you to once again get opinion from ENT dr may from some other ENT dr as a second opinion .

Neurologist is right this is not brain issue , and positional balance problem seems to be inner ear related .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

One thing that I want to mention here is that you should get EKG to check heart Rhythm ,because often heart rhythm abnormality presents with dizziness .

So get EKG Please and second opinion from ENT dr .

Good luck.

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .