Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I am a 27 yo woman. I cannot figure out what is wrong with

Customer Question

I am a 27 yo woman. I cannot figure out what is wrong with me. I have been to a neurologist who has not been able to definitively diagnose or help me.
I have had multiple tests including brain MRI, CT, numerous blood tests. Not Lupus.
I have a history of migraines since i was 15. The issues with muscular pain have arisen in the last year:
Throbbing pain in thighs
Numbness and tingling in my hands and feet
Swollen knees
Knuckles are tight
Hip pain
Mid back pain
Chest/ribs are extremely tender to the touch
Sharp stabbing pain in my left shin/calf
Throbbing pain in the my neck and base of my skull and if I sit a certain way, stand up too quickly or something I can get a migraine instantly.
Do you have any ideas?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see that you have had extensive investigations and varieties of conditions have already been ruled out. I will discuss now certain possibilities and please see whether these have already been ruled out or not.

Have you had lyme blood tests to rule out lyme disease?

Have you had blood tests to rule out hepatitis b, hepatitis c, or hiv disease?

Have you had a nerve and muscle test called as EMG/Nerve conduction test to explore for diseases involving the nerves and muscles?

Have you had a sleep study called as Polysomnography to look for any sleep disorders?

Have you had a spinal tap for CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) analysis to look for any infections or inflammatory conditions affecting the nervous system?

Have you had an evaluation by your doctors for the possibility of a condition called as Fibromyalgia syndrome?

If any of the above mentioned health condition or the above mentioned investigations has not already been conducted then you may please ask your doctors to arrange for these tests so that we can explore all these above possibilities and then treated appropriately depending upon the test results and final precise diagnosis.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor