How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 46368
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having symptoms of MS but I have had a spinal tap,

Customer Question

I am having symptoms of MS but I have had a spinal tap, several MRI's and the test where they test your eyes and all have come back negative. I have been told that MS can cause negative results and still be MS. My symptoms include severe tiredness, numbing in the face and hands & feet, dizziness, my left pupil will dilate when the right constricts, pins and needles in my face, drooping of my face, weakness, memory loss, distortion of my sight in my left eye comes and goes. All these come and go. All symptoms where in the left side of my body but this "episode" it has traveled to the right as well as the left. I have been told I was having TIA's, then told by another doctor it isn't TIA's cause nothing shows up on the MRI, I've been told it is probable MS, then I'm told no, I've been told it is silent migraines, then another doctor will say it isn't that. None of the doctor's I have went too seem to agree on anything and once they rule out stroke or MS the are disinterested to help me figure out what this could be. I need to know what is going on with my body. I want to lay in the bed all the time and I have children, that is unacceptable. My mind wants to get up and do things but my body is so tired, I can't. I am 51 years old and have been dealing with this for over four years. Please HELP me. Where could I go to find someone that will go the extra mile not just stop on the obvious.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should consult with neurologist at a larger academic medical enter like Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL or a larger hospital in Orlando.

you needs spinal tap testing and a high resolution MRI scan of the brain like a 3 tesla brain MRI scan with gadolinium.

your severe tiredness could be coming from declines of your estrogen levels around menopause or could be due to low iron, low thyroid hormone levels, low B12 or low vitamin D levels. you should talk to your doctor about options for hormone replacement therapy and see if that helps.

you need to see an eye doctor for visual field testing.

drooping on one side of the face can be from bell's palsy or viral infection of the facial nerve, but this usually gets better in a few weeks to months.

have you gone through menopause yet?