Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I had a grand mal seizure in March (we do not know why other

Customer Question
than possibly b/c I discontinued...
I had a grand mal seizure in March (we do not know why other than possibly b/c I discontinued my propranolol for 3 days in preparation for a test). A month after, I either developed Diplopia or noticed that I have had it because it began affecting my balance. I began frequently falling while running. My neuro ophthalogist (sp?) has me doing weekly occupational therapy. My neurologist has no clue what is causing my Diplopia. My MRI is fine, he just ordered a test to check for MG, and I have an EEG with MG next week. A LP may be necessary. Whether the information provided above is relevant or helpful, I am wondering what causes Diplopia? I have horrific headaches. I also have a slight intentional tremor and severe leg cramping (if relevant?). Is Diplopia usually benign?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/28/2015
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

sometimes viral infections can cause optic neuritis inflammation of your optic nerve which can cause double vision.

usually these episodes of inflammation of the optic nerve is temporary

have you had recent viral infections or cold?

your EEG and MG testing and LP may be helpful information as well.

Dr. David, Board Certified MD