How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 46727
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a widow with 2 children and have had a total hip

Customer Question

I am a widow with 2 children and have had a total hip replacement also have two buldgeing disc on each siatic nerve and have 2 or 3 bone on bone rubbing between my shoulders which makes using my arms hard most of the time and with the disc on my nerves it gets hard to walk and my legs cramp all the time I have been getting injections for 3 years and now they are telling me that my body can,t take more injections . I have recent mri,s on all of this .Why I can,t get into pain mangment I don,t know can I get help my everyday life is a living hell.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have numbness in my hands and arms
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
you do need to see a pain management doctor.
you can have up to 6 steroid injections in a 12 month period.
you should get a copy of your spine MRI scans
I would be happy to review them with you.
you might benefit from a neuro spinal stimulator to decrease back pain.
also you might benefit from a TENs unit to help decrease pain.
you might benefit from a lidocaine patch you can use in areas for 12 hours of the day to decrease pain.
does your insurance not allow for referral to see a pain management doctor?