How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gehring Your Own Question
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 24652
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Gehring is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been hurting for a month now. I have been to two

Customer Question

I have been hurting for a month now. I have been to two hospitals and 2 doctors. Pain is terrific when I lay down. It hurts really bad on my right hip and upper thigh causing me to have headaches. I have been thru three colon cleanses due to my bowels not moving. They call it Irritable bowels syndrome. I'll have hyital hernia and umbilical hernia and inguinal hernia. I went to last hospital the other night they refused to treat me. Help me. I have had quad bypass eight years ago and heart attack in 2012. My right leg hurts bad at night .I am in a lot of pain. I have swollen ankles in both legs
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have done an mri it doesn't show anything. It d oily dent three weeks ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It didn't three weeks ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pain lessens when I am up awhile.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A astrological told me he couldn't do anything f poo r me yesterday.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The last hospital recommended I go to a neurologist.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

the pain doesn't seem to come from your bowels; it to much related to your body position. I don't think you need a neurologist, either. Pain at night is typical for inflammation, and an arthritis is possible. Did you take any medication? Are the joints (ankles) swollen, or ar there edema in your legs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.

This may be a sign of a rheumatoid arthritis. You need a rheumatologist or a GP to check that out.