How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 45970
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my 27 yr old son has this, what do i do? what kind

Customer Question

i think my 27 yr old son has this, what do i do? what kind of dr would know?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
what do you think your 27 year old son has?
what symptoms is he having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
narcolepsy, he continually sleeps, falls asleep sitting , driving, it doesnt matter where, just a deep sleep, snores its so deep , he cant even hold a job because of it. he has a thyroid condition , but takes meds for that
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
he has to see a sleep specialist doctor
there are sleep doctors who can treat narcolepsy with medications which can help him not fall asleep.
he might benefit from a sleep study at night time as well and a full sleep evaluation.
is he willing to see a sleep doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he thinks he doesnt have it , cant see the prob, but people dont just sleep for 18 hrs at a time and fall asleep on the drop of a hat!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
until he is willing to see a doctor to get help, there is not much you can do.