How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amir Javed Your Own Question
Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Master physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 8842
Experience:  Master degree in Internal medicine & gastroenterology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Amir Javed is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I dislocated my shoulder two days ago. I went to the

Customer Question

I dislocated my shoulder two days ago. I went to the emergency room and they had to use anesthesia to put me under to relocate my shoulder because I'm very muscular. When they were done the pain was at a six out of 10. The next day I was feeling better the pain was at A three out of 10. However last night I tripped, I did not fall but I jerked my shoulder forward. Today the pain is back up to a six out of 10. I am on vacation and cannot make an appointment with an orthopedist. The Percocet they prescribed me for pain is helping very little. I need to know is this normal that I'm feeling more pain again? What should I do? Can I massage it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that I am afraid that as you jerked the same shoulder forward which has been recently dislocated there is risk of malalignment of joint which makes it unstable because you already had dislocated joint which they have relocated so chances are high due to the pain you are having. I will not suggest to massage it due to risk of more damage. I will highly advise to see physician or visit emergency for urgent evaluation and x-ray. Your physician or doctor in emergency can prescribe you Tramadol which is a strong pain killer and treatment should be done according to the x-ray result and examination findings.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.