Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Master physician
Experience:  Master degree in Internal medicine & gastroenterology
16101430

I fell the 28th of May going to a store. I hit the right

Customer Question

I fell the 28th of May going to a store. I hit the right side of my body hurting the rib area the temple on the right side of my head cutting it open. I was treated for by rib area and had the cut on my head glued. I went back to my doctor 2 weeks ago and was told I had a concussion when I fell. A Ct Scan was done and no blood cots were found. I am still light head, dizzy, headaches, have nausea from time to time, can't remember things. How long will this last? Do I need to see a neurologists?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that this seems you are having having post concussion syndrome which can lasts for few weeks to few months. Mostly people do recover by end of three months if that is severe. If you are having problem with short term memory along with persistent headaches then I will suggest to see your physician to refer you to Neurologist for full neurology assessment and some memory tests. Treatment should be done accordingly. I would say it's a time to see Neurologist for further tests and evaluation.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.