How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5550
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have terrible knee pain. It started yesterday and is worse

Customer Question

Hi, I have terrible knee pain. It started yesterday and is worse today. It is on the inner side of my knee. I can't put pressure on it or straighten it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to know what pain killers I can take also
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
There are myriad possibilities to explain this type of severe knee pain involving the inner side of the knee.
This may be due to injury to some ligaments or tendons related to the knee joint.
This may also be due to injury to another structure related to the knee joint called as meniscus.
Another possibility is injury to the knee joint itself or to the bony structures associated with it.
If this pain persists then this needs to be shown to your doctors in the clinic so that they can examine the knee and also arrange relevant investigations like an X ray or a Scan of the knee (possibly MRI scan of the knee) and then treated appropriately depending upon the test results.
In the meantime for the relief of this severe pain you may try the general measures like Hot or Cold compressor, avoiding activities with the right leg as much as possible, and resting the affected leg etc; and you may try one of the following stronger agents;
Lignocaine anesthetic skin patches etc
Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor