How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 65009
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 59 year old female who has always been in good

Customer Question

I am a 59 year old female who has always been in good health. For the past few months my lower legs, and sometime my whole have a tingling feeling, especially at night while in bed. Recently, while dozing off in the afternoon I was awakened by a very strong tingling in my whole body and my ears were ringing. I also had a strange sensation in my head like in was swooshing. It went away after a few seconds but found it disturbing. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ...

Tingling / numbness indicates issues with sensory nerve , problem in entire body suggests some generalized issue , as you have had also strange sensation in head so it would be ideal for you check Vitamin B 12 Levels because often low level of Vitamin B 12 could be the reason of your symptoms .

Please check it up so that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have Further quires ...
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
This is not typical of B12 deficiency.
This can be any number of problems.
Liver or kidney disease.
Heavy metals.
Iron deficiency.
Autoimmune neuropathy
Not so much B vitamins but could contribute.
Spinal disease.
You need to be seen immediately.
I am a double board certified US doctor.
I will always give you correct answers.
Find me daily in medical by request.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.