How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 45940
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 79 hr-old husband had an MRI at LosRobles Hospital that

Customer Question

My 79 hr-old husband had an MRI at LosRobles Hospital that revealed Cerebral Atrophy. he is displaying symptoms of confusion and falling asleep all the time. The MRI was at the order of our physician of***** Manzar Kuraishi of Burbank, who gave us the results. He knows my husband very well. Should we also get the opinion of a neurologist? We live in Westlake Village. Many thanks. Nick N.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
yes, you should get him to see a neurologist.
I am sorry about your husbands brain atrophy and symptoms.
there are medications like aricept or namanda which could possibly help him and slow down his dementia symptoms
let me know if you have questions.