How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any treatment discs ...I have 5 in my lower

Customer Question

is there any treatment for crushed discs ...I have 5 in my lower back.....i lost 5' in height and my breathing, ect is compromised because of this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

you can ask your doctors for a vertebralplasty procedure to help strengthen the bones to help prevent them from crushing further.

you might benefit from zometa or prolia and calcium and vitamin D to help strenghten your bones.

you might need spine surgery and spinal fusion.

have you consulted with a neurosurgeon spine surgeon yet?