How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 64368
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a bulging disc in lower back "many" years. I am

Customer Question

I have had a bulging disc in lower back "many" years . I am 64(very active) and have dealt with it stretching inverting , arching with pressure on lower back with snapping and popping and relief . The pain is not so anymore in lower back . Now I have "tightness" in R neck, R shoulder problems , and after a strenuous day I wake up with R calf pulling my foot to a tip toe position . Very painful must get out of bed and stand on it for relief .In Sunday School yesterday R index finger was locked in downward position? , pulled it back in place all OK ? . QUESTION : could the old disc issue be causing these problems , and what should I do ? .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
This indicates the disc problems are more wide spread in the spine.
See an MD specialist of physical medicine and rehabilitation for an entire manual medicine program.
This to avoid surgery.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read your response , nobody here seems not respond when I ask for MD specialist of Physical Medicine ?? . The information did me no help !. So I will now go to my family doctor and get referral to a SPINE SPECIALIST .
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
In fact I have run such centers.
What further questions do you have?