How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5414
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son suffering from high muscle tone, it started

Customer Question

my son suffering from high muscle tone, it started gradually, from left foot to left leg and left arm then to right. we visited a lot of neurologists , the cause is from genetic mutation. but no one care about the symptom, is there any medicine to treat this symptoms?
Thank you,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bill, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Yes there are medication treatments that are available to treat high muscle tone. These medications help in reducing abnormally the increased muscle tone and help in relaxing the muscles. The following are the various examples of these type of medications;





Botox etc

One of the above agents can be used to help in reducing the abnormally increased muscle tone of your son.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor