How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 18541
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a real problem. In Oct/2000 I was raped on the job. I

Customer Question

I have a real problem. In Oct/2000 I was raped on the job. I now have 4 collapsed disc's, spinal stenosis and am in CONSTANT pain. I've already been through 2 surgeries most recent on 4/1. However, I was given only 2 weeks worth of pain killers, and the pain has actually gotten worse since the surgery. Now I cannot walk with falling. I need pain relief long enough to get to another surgeon to fix this.
Problem is the VA in WI got in trouble for overprescribing pain meds and now Gunderson and Mayo are suffering. All that you can see at Gunderson is PA's and their hands have been tied. My PA told me to try to find another way to get strong pain meds to deal with this. I guess this is my attempt. Can you help me. I know I've taken large doses of oxycodone in the past and I truly believe it's so bad now this is what I need again.
I'm 54 and I know my body. It's not going to hold out too much longer at this rate.
Jeanette Quigley (###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am having trouble with both legs and my hips and fall a lot. I haven't even gone to church in 7 weeks now. I with hope I can get a prescription that will allow me enough relief for awhile to get out and get help nearby.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is a violation of federal law for a doctor to prescribe pain medicine, or any controlled substance, without first performing a personal face-to-face evaluation. Therefore, it cannot be done based on an internet or phone interaction. To obtain a prescription, you would need to be personally seen by a doctor.
I am sorry, as I realize that this is not the answer you were seeking, but it is the only legal answer.