Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

It's been 2 years since I've had a lypoma removed from my

Customer Question

It's been 2 years since I've had a lypoma removed from my left shoulder. It was pretty large. Since then, there is pain sometimes that starts under my armpit, and then my upper arm and for-arm tingles, and so do my index, middle finger and my thumb. There is not a day that goes by that I don't feel this pain spuratically, and it gets worse when we have bad weather. Tried a lot of different things. Have seen chiro as well as therapy. Has not gotten better. Any suggestions?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.

You may have suffered an injury to some of the branches of the median nerve during the surgery to remove the lipoma. Recovery is usually complete by 6 months to one year. Have you lost any strength in the wrist or hand? I would suggest you get nerve conduction tests (i.e NCV/EMG) to look for evidence of nerve damage. This will tell you the likely site of the injury and how severe it is.