Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am 67 rs old female and have already had surgery for

Customer Question

I am 67 rs old female and have already had surgery for spinal stinosis approx. 8yrs ago, I recently lifted a heavy pot plant and the symtomas have come back .....paricually numbness in my left ankle and foot.....prior to lifting the pot plant I still had numbness but not pain , Do I need to see a nueroligist or a orthapediac surgeon and would they do surger again ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
I would suggest that you see a neurologist first as it seems that lifting that pot may have caused increase compression of some nerves.
As you know from your previous episode permanent damage can occur to the nerves if the compression is not relieved. As such, do not delay seeking care....
As to if you would need surgery this time it is, as you know, impossible to tell without doing a full exam. Hopefully something relatively simple like a steroid injection can clear things up at this point.
But, in any event, time is of the essence.
Does this make sense to you, Mate?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS