Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was just diagnosed last week with tendon impenment in

Customer Question

I was just diagnosed last week with tendon impenment in upper left arm & given a cortisone injection in shoulder. I begin physical therapy in 2 days. I just lifted my grandson & felt pain in upper arm. There is swelling now and painful lump. Should I call Dr?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
If it is mild swelling and a smaller lump, that would be less worrisome and the symptoms will likely ease with time. Ice can help with the swelling, while heat will help ease inflammation. However, if the swelling or lump is larger, that would be more of a concern, and it would be appropriate for you to contact your doctor. There may have been an injury to a tendon or muscle or some bleeding into the tissue if the swelling or lump is larger.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.