How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with Crps after a traumatic injury

Customer Question

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Crps after a traumatic injury sustained to my right side over two years ago. The crps of the ankle, was diagnosed after approx 1 year later..Scans and X-rays showed, trochanter bursitis of the right hip, right fracture of the wrist, right chondromalacia patella, MRI Showed right side partial split peroneal longitudinal tear of the peroneal brevis tendon..with parasthetica merlagia of the thigh..
I am in constant pain with the right foot/ankle with chronic burning..Originally my GP thought it was just soft tissue injury however, after hydro I would limp coming out of pool and my walking gait my ankle had a slight flicking movement.. I am no longer able to sleep on the right side due to waist and hip pain..standing is limited as the pain seems to start under the foot around the ankle bone and pain continues up the right calf and leg. My walking/driving is also limited, due to pressing down on the foot pedals aggravates the pain.
I need to know what treatment besides just masking conditions with medication I can undertake to correct the underlying problems ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have right hand pain in the wrist and last two outer fingers, the pain radiates on the outside of the forearm up to the elbow area.. Stretching the arm upwards presents with pain in the shoulder area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am looking for advice on how to get these underlying conditions corrected in regards ***** ***** or other forms of treatment that would help get me back to the person I was before the injury..Or any other scans/etc I would need to help diagnose other possible overlooked areas.. I am not interested in taking drugs like Lyrica, etc..due to the severe side effects I have had with this medication..I am currently taking Panediene forte 4 times daily along with Vitamin C and B vitamins I practice meditation and also see a pain psychologist.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Do you have an MRI report
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes I have an MRI report which basically confirms mild flattening of the peroneus brevis tendon immediately posterior to the lateral malleolus with small partial thickness longitudinal split tear. However, this is inactive in appearance with the peroneal tendons normal in their signal throughout X-ray and Ct scan of right ankle shows the minor cortical irregularity at tip of the medial malleolus (this is comments from the report)..
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.


You need to see a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist.

They do lot's of different therapies. Not just medications.

Apparently you have not done this correct?