Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Muscle fasciculations in hands. More left hand than right.

Customer Question

Muscle fasciculations in hands. More left hand than right. Cramping some, tingling, etc. Also other fasciculations, right, eye, back of legs, some cramping of feet. I was diagnosed with Benign Fasciculation Syndrome in 2002 at the age 58. I am now 70 years old. I have not particularly noticed loss of strength or weakness in my hands or other limbs yet. Any input would be much appreciated as it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get an appointment with a local neurologist. Thanks so Much, Myron Rigg
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello-Are you out in the heat much? The heat and sweating often worsens fasciculations at this time of year. You may have benefit to take supplement magnesium oxide 400mg a day. Potassium may be in need of supplementation as well...The magnesium does help to calm neuromuscular junctions and may help to reduce your twitching..With you having some sensory symptoms too with the tingling I would have neurologist check your B12 levels too ...other testing may be indicated...I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD