DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have been having these headaches and i have been to see my GP twice

Customer Question

I have been having these headaches and i have been to see my GP twice and they said it is stress from exams but i finished my exams over a month ago and they haven't got any better in fact they have got worse. They are worse when I lie down and I am not as hungry as usual. I always feel sick and am always exhausted. I have also found that when I'm in dance class i can't do as much as usual and i get dizzy easily when turning, which is very unusual for me. I also get dizzy when standing up.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
You need to see a headache specialist at this point.
This requires a referral from your GP.
While it could still be stress, migraine needs to be ruled out.
Diagnosis is critical to correct treatment.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have booked another appointment with my GP but I am worried that they are just going to send me away again without helping. I keep reassuring myself and my family that its nothing serious but at the back of my mind i am thinking that it could be more serious than stress or a migraine.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
It is not likely more serious, but as I told you, a problem in the cervical spine needs to be considered.
OK, so that is an initial answer….