Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I had a mild stroke in 2014 related to term use of birth

Customer Question

Hello, I had a mild stroke in 2014 related to long term use of birth control pills. Am I able to take vyvanse?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for the question and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
If you have already stopped the birth control pills then you can certainly use vyvanse now. Your stroke was a mild one, that also is a favorable point towards taking vyvanse. If you are still on birth control pill then vyvanse may not be the safest pill to take because it can rarely cause stroke, but if you have already stopped the birth control pills then it is safe to take vyvanse now.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor