Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Weeks now, and daily I have had pain in my left groin/hip that will happen suddenl

Customer Question

For two weeks now, and daily I have had pain in my left groin/hip that will happen suddenly depending how I move. It's a dull, localized deep pain, and wakes me at night if I turn in my sleep. There is pain when I rotate my leg or bend over to pick something up. I have a 10+yr history of OA, C2-C7, I am 54yrs old female. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Does your pain increase if you rotate the knee out and touch the heel on that side to the opposite knee?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rotating my left knee creates the same pain. It seems worse when I get up from sofa that is somewhat soft.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I get what you mean, yes that does cause pain
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
That's Patrick's maneuver. An increase in pain suggests possible pathology in the hip joint. I would suggest you get an X ray if not done already. Another approach would be to get am MRI which would also provide information about the internal organs.