Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

For the past several months I have been noticing a weird

Customer Question

For the past several months I have been noticing a weird discoloration on my legs, arms, and hands. I've googled the heck out of this condition and it all appears to be livedo reticularis. I am scared. I don't seem to have any symptoms of any ai's like joint pain or fatigue. The livedo only comes when I'm standing or holding my arms by my side and returns to normal once the affected limb is elevated. It looks minor compared to pictures ice seem on the internet but it is still a little unsightly. What could be going on? I've been incredibly stressed for several months could my stress and anxiety levels be causing this?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is a pic of it 91st its very worst
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
What you are describing, and the picture that you have sent me, does not indicate any disease process.
This can happen normally in people and this is not livedo reticularis.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am just wondering why the splotching has become so noticable. What makes you think it's not livedo?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
It is not livedo because livedo does not come and go like you mention.
The splotching is noticeable only in certain positions because of the underlying fat.
This can happen normally and it is not an indication of a disease process.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) below.
Kind regards