Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

For a couple of years now I have been having increasingly…

Customer Question
Hello Dr. Frank, my name...
Hello Dr. Frank, my name is***** a couple of years now I have been having increasingly frequent weekly episodes of numbness. Mostly on my right side. If I lift my arm it goes numb, stay on the toilet very long= numb foot, foot on the pedal to drive=numb, sit in a car for very long=numb foot which spreads up to my hip. Worst of late is the frequent waking up in the middle of the night completely numb from toes to hip on my right side. Last night it went all the way up to my chest...it was agony when the feeling came back, I cried. I was not sleeping on my side, but flat on my back. History; I am 32, diagnosed with Behcet's and Raynaud's syndrome.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2015
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience. The Expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other experts too and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
1) Have you had any investigations so far to find out the cause for these recurrent episodes of numbness?
2) Are you perfectly normal in between these episodes or do you experience any residual numbness in between too?