Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

A mild bilateral hip joint space narrowing.A 10 mm scieronic

Customer Question

A mild bilateral hip joint space narrowing.A 10 mm scieronic density overlying the right iliac bone.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
A mild bilateral hip joint space narrowing is suggestive of mild or early stages of degenerative changes.
The other finding you mentioned “a 10 mm scieronic density overlying the right iliac bone” – I guess you mentioned 10 mm “sclerotic density” – if this is correct then this could be due to various processes which includes old trauma or injury related or related to some infections, or granulomatous conditions, or localized stone formation, or rarely it can be due to some growth/tumor too.
This type of finding is managed by one of the following approaches;
To repeat another film few months after and if the size of the density remains same then it is most likely not significant
OR
To do a biopsy of this sclerotic density and to check under the microscope
OR
To do a special scan (radio isotope scan) like a PET scan which can provide more information of this density focus overlying the right iliac bone
I want to reassure you this type of findings are benign (non-serious) on most occasions so not to panic, in the meantime you may discuss with your doctors and try to explore the cause for this finding as discussed above and once the precise cause is identified it will be treated accordingly.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Hi, I see that you have not rated my answer; please let me know whether it is because you are facing some technical glitches preventing you from rating or it is because you are not satisfied with my answer. If you are facing any technical glitches then I can contact the company and let them know about it, on the otherhand if you are not satisfied with my answer & if you are having additional questions or seeking additional clarifications from me then we can discuss this further until you are satisfied with all your health concerns.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor